IFCU - ACISE International Conference 2017 - Education: Change and Continuity - Program and Registration
This international conference takes place during the annual meeting of the Association of Catholic Institutes of Education; ACISE is a "sectorial group" of the International Federation of Catholic Universities (IFCU).
What are the perennial foundations on which Catholic universities are based? While we have many established practices, values, beliefs, methodologies and theories, we also need to take into account developments in the following areas:
- Digital literacy;
- the place of neurosciences in education;
- questions about the value of testing;
- the growing role and involvement of the family;
- responding to national, European or international bodies seeking to influence areas like social inclusion, skills-based approaches to education and the development of values;
- projects in the field of Catholic Education;
- the constant search for creative pedagogies in the university, school and initial teacher education institutions.
The Congregation for Catholic Education’s "Educating Today and Tomorrow: a Renewing Passion," along with the IFCU’s study on people with special needs—and with the collaboration of students of the Catholic University of the West—could also show how change and continuity are expressed today. It is also possible to explore the constant financial challenges facing Catholic universities, unequalled in the world, and issues arising from their diverse legal status in the world.